340g fresh corn kernels cut off the cob, or draineD canned corn
450g cheddar cheese, grated
160g pickled jalapeños, chopped
225g green onions, chopped
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp black pepper
227g sour cream
25g coriander, chopped
20g lime juice
Salt to taste
Flour tortillas, cut in to small triangles
1. In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the corn kernels until slightly coloured. Put on a tray to cool completely.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin
and black pepper.
3. Add the corn, cheese, jalapeños, lime juice, coriander and
green onions to the sour cream mixture.
4. Season with salt to taste.
5. Stir until well combined and chill for at least 2 hours, or
overnight for optimum flavour.
6. In a large pan, heat oil to 180C for deep frying. Drop in a few
tortillas to fry, whilst stirring gently for even cooking.
7. Once the tortillas are golden, remove onto a paper towel to
drain. Be aware that they cook very fast and they will crisp up
8. Serve a dollop of the corn mixture on each chip to make
canapés, or serve up alongside a bowl of dip for sharing.