Mix things up today and use beer in your batter to make the perfect pancake. We’ve used Doom Bar in ours and served them with crispy bacon and maple syrup, but this simple recipe works just as well with other sweet or savoury toppings.
1. 270g plain flour
2. 2 tsp baking powder
3. 1/2 tsp salt
5. 4 tbsp caster sugar
5. 260ml sharps Doom Bar
6. 2 large eggs (separated)
1. Whip your egg whites until they hold themselves in soft peaks.
2. Put the dry ingredients (flour sugar salt baking powder) into a mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the egg yolks, then whisk in the Doom Bar to make a bubbly batter.
4. Carefully fold in the whipped egg whites which will give your pancakes a nice fluffy rise.
5. Warm a non-stick pan with butter and when the butter starts to bubble, ladle in a generous portion of batter.
6. When it holds itself and the bottom is cooked, flip it over and cook for two more minutes.
7. Make a nice stack then serve with your topping of choice. Enjoy.