The idea for Chalky's Bite came about as a challenge from Rick Stein to Sharp's Head Brewer Stuart Howe.
The task was to create a distinctly English beer with the character, individuality and quality to stand alongside the Belgian greats.
The beer created is exceptional with a delicate flavour balance of three different hop varieties and wild Cornish fennel. With a totally natural process and a maturation period of over three months the beer is allowed ample time to develop a high level of carbonation, its own distinctive flavour and a beautiful light golden colour.
Chalky's patience whilst attending the many development and sampling sessions at the Brewery is justifiably rewarded in the name.
- Bronze in the International Beer Challenge, 2012
- World’s Best Flavoured Pale Ale, 2011
- Taste of the West Award 2008, Gold
- Quality Drinks Awards 2008, Gold
- World Beer Awards 2008, Gold